Interface not Supported

S

Scott HUerta

I'm not sure if this is the correct group to post this question to. If not, please point me in the right direction. Thanks

We have one customer out of a couple hundred that is getting this error message when he tries to launch Word from our application. Our application is launching Word via OLE automation

The workstation is Windows XP SP1 running Office XP. Our app is written in Delphi 5

We have tried removing (uninstalling) all anti-virus software and reinstalling Office. But that did not change the error that we are getting

Is there a setting somewhere in Office that is causing this

I had the customer start the OLE Automation server from a batch file and it started just fine

We are unable to recreate this problem in our office. Searching the web (Google, Delphi NG, etc.) I haven't been able to find anything that fits

Can anyone shed some light on this

TIA

Scott Huert
Distinctive Solutions Corporation

S

Scott Huerta

Thanks for the reply Mark.

I'll give this a go. We are able to open the DOC files manually outside of our application. So I'm pretty confident that Word and the DOC files are OK.

I'll let you know how renaming the Normal.dot file works out.

Thanks

Scott

Ask a Question