Is the org chart gone from PowerPoint 2008?

W

wrspiers

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I'm running Office 2008 under Leopard (10.5.2) and can't, for the life of me, find the organization chart tool in PPT or Word. I need to edit org charts in Office v.X docs. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

P

Phil_Brown_[MSFT]

Hello, OrgChart is installed in Office 2008. You should be able to access it from the Insert | Object menu. If it is not installed, you can add it from the install CD.

-Phil

W

wrspiers

Hello, OrgChart is installed in Office 2008. You should be able to access it from the Insert | Object menu. If it is not installed, you can add it from the install CD.

Thanks. I did locate it in PPT and Word, but it wouldn't completely launch in either app. I made sure the Org chart app was in the Office folder. Then I removed Office 2008 using the MS utility, and reinstalled Office without customizing, downloaded and installed the 12.0.1 update, and I'm getting the same results: the org chart app tries to launch (I see its icon in my dock). The error message reads:

"Organization chart has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Then I have the option to send a report to Microsoft, which I do, then the next message reads:

"The server application, source file or item cannot be found. Check that the path and file name are correct, or try reinstalling the server application."

My iMac is not networked. It is a 2GHz Intel Core Duo.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

Ask a Question