Is there a downgrade path from Entourage 2008WS to Entourage 2008?

J

James_B

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange In the "Struggling to connect Entourage 2008 to Exchange 2003" thread, Bill Bryson (Feb 11, 8:43) said:
Entourage 2008 version 13.0.3 (EWS) is not supported with
> Exchange 2003 server. You need to be using Exchange Server
> 2007 with rollup 4.
>
> Unfortunately, users who purchase the current version of
> Office 2008 Business edition (which includes EWS) will be
> unable to set up an Exchange account successfully in
> Entourage if their server is running Exchange 2003. You will
> be stuck with using an IMAP or POP account.
>
> You will need to use (downgrade?) Entourage 2008 (12.2.3)
> which does work with Exchange 2003 server.

I am in just this situation -- I purchased Office Business edition recently, which includes EWS, and find that I'm unable to connect to a 2003 exchange server.

Rather oddly, I also have an Exchange 2007 account from the company which my employer contracts with.

What I want is one inbox.

I bought Office 2008 Bus. Ed. hoping that I could get all my email in once place. And what I got is not Entourage 2008, but Entourage 2008 WS.

Entourage 2008 WS works with the 2007 server, as does Mac Mail. Entourage 2004 works with the 2003 server. I'm back where I started -- using Entourage 2004 and Mac Mail for the two accounts.

Is there any way I can downgrade from Entourage 2008 WS to simple Entourage 2008? Is there a download or patch MS can provide?

thanks muchly,

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

Is there any way I can downgrade from Entourage 2008 WS to simple Entourage
2008? Is there a download or patch MS can provide?

You will need to use ³Remove Office² and re-install. I¹m not sure what comes
in the Business Edition package, but I was under the impression that it
installed the standard v12 then you had to upgrade to EWS.

An option you might want to consider is to install Parallels or VMWare and
run Office 2010. I understand it will run older Exchange servers along with
the newer ones.

J

James_B

Thank you. I'll report back with how this works, once I get a chance to do it (next day or two).

J

James_B

Yes, it works just great. One email app with both of my exchange accounts. I guess when I initially installed Office 2008 Business Edition I just installed everything there was on the 2nd disc, whether I thought I needed it or not (the latest is always better, right? :)

Thank you very much.

Ask a Question