It's Time: Feature requests for Mac Outlook 2010 or sooner

B

bsgraupner

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I figured someone needs to get this going.

I'll start- I'm in sales and my office distributes leads through public folder shared contacts. Categories are assigned to contacts and appointments are entered into our calendars.

I love Entourage but it just doesn't cut it and I have to use Outlook trough Parallels. Ick. Here's my recommendations for the next Entourage or Mac Outlook to be awesome:

1) Drag and drop files into notes section of contact cards in public folders (like in outlook- this is where we put the person's application and support docs so that the files are all in one place)

2) Category sync over exchange for public folder contacts (like in outlook- this is how we know if it's a new lead, a hot lead, one that needs to be submitted etc)

3) Favorites bar save public folder shortcuts upon closing - right now they disappear every time I close Entourage

4) Reminder and automatic task-list entry support for public folder shared contact follow up flags- when I say I want to follow up with this contact tomorrow I want it in the calendar and task list! Neither Outlook now Entourage supports this- a basic oversight I believe.

5) Complex HTML Email signature support- key elements being remotely hosted images (no attachments showing up in email) and text to the right / left of image- Apple Mail is what I use to send email because of this feature- I made a beautiful professional email signature - with a logo to the left of my info, hyperlinked text, and my gif signature above all this that actually signs in front of your eyes after a 5 second delay- all hosted remotely so that no attachments show up in the email. Outlook & Entourage won't support any of this.

6) Real, complex HTML email viewing support- html emails that show up perfectly in mail and thunderbird are a little disjointed in outlook and entourage- for example an image to the left of my signature info will be moved to the top line of the info and all other text moved below.

Thank you.

Ask a Question