JPGs imported into PowerPoint show as black boxes

J

Jannabeen

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)

I downloaded jpgs from a website and inserted them into a PowerPoint presentation, an operation I've done a million times before. They show up as black boxes. Is this some kind of copyright protection? It doesn't make sense, since the website provides this set of images in downloadable folders. I can view the images in Preview and modify/rename them in Photoshop, but they still appear as black boxes in PowerPoint.

Thanks, Jannabeen

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)

I downloaded jpgs from a website and inserted them into a PowerPoint presentation, an operation I've done a million times before. They show up as black boxes. Is this some kind of copyright protection? It doesn't make sense, since the website provides this set of images in downloadable folders. I can view the images in Preview and modify/rename them in Photoshop, but they still appear as black boxes in PowerPoint.

Photoshop can embed color profiles in JPG, I believe, and if memory serves, PPT doesn't like that.

If you can save w/o profiles as JPG from Photoshop, try that.
I don't use PShop, so I've no idea how you'd do this, exactly.

J

Jannabeen

In said:
Photoshop can embed color profiles in JPG, I believe, and if memory serves, PPT doesn't like that.

If you can save w/o profiles as JPG from Photoshop, try that.
I don't use PShop, so I've no idea how you'd do this, exactly.

That worked! Thank you so much, I was really pulling out my hair on this one. Jannabeen

J

Jannabeen

That worked! Thank you so much, I was really pulling out my hair on this one. Jannabeen

Ask a Question