Keyboard Shortcut to Delete whole word?

P

Pirri

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Ok back on the PC you could use Control-Backspace I believe to delete(in a forward direction) a whole word at a time. I was wondering if this is possible to also do on the Mac version of Word.

I have discovered that Control-Delete will remove a whole word at a time but only in the reverse direction to the text and I want to be able to do this in the same direction as I read the text. I have been trying to play with keyboard shortcuts but have been unable to find the command prompt even for the Control-delete so I don't know if this function does exist and I just haven't discovered the right combination of keys or if it needs to be created (and how?) or if it just isn't possible.

I'd appreciate any help with this and also if there is somewhere I can go to read what all the keyboard shortcuts are that would be helpful as well.

Thanks
Kim

C

CyberTaz

Hi Kim;

The main modifier key is the Command key, not the Control key :) & the
forward delete option depends on your type of keyboard. In the Mac arena
there are almost as many different keyboard layouts as there are models of
Mac :) You need to investigate your Mac's documentation or Help.

If it's a laptop locate the key labeled "fn" — should be in the lower left
corner. While Command+Delete executes the left delete by word,
fn+Command+Delete executes forward delete by word.

If you have a full keyboard there are usually *2* Delete keys — one in the
main keyboard group, one in the Navigation key group [⌫] or possibly in the
Numeric Keypad. They work in opposite directions

Have you looked in Word Help at the topic: Word Keyboard Shortcuts?

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question