laptop display corrupts in slideshow

R

Rock_Roszak

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm using Office 2008 on a MacBook Air with Snow Leopard. When I hook up a projector for a presenatation, all is fine and I see my desktop picture being projected with my PowerPoint file open. But as soon as I start to run a slideshow from the file, the video being projected is fine but the display on my laptop becomes completely corrupted. As soon as I disconnect the projector, the laptop display returns to normal and it stays normal after I re-connect the projector, but then corrupts when I start the slide show again. I've tried changing resolution and refresh rate and nothing helps, and I've tried this with multiple projectors to no avail. Any ideas?

Rock Roszak

C

CyberTaz

AFAIK Airs are maxed out @ 2GB RAM. OS X takes ~half of that which may not
leave enough for what you're trying to do... especially since the 256MB
video shares off the system memory. You might want to check in the Apple
Forums or with Apple Support.

R

Rock_Roszak

I'm checking there, too, but this is a recent problem and I've been using this same laptop since it hit the market so I'm not sure that's the issue. Thanks for the post though.

C

CyberTaz

Are Office (12.2.4) & OS X (10.6.3) fully updated? You might also check
Apple Downloads for any Firmware updates applicable to the Air.

P

Patrick W. Levens

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm using Office 2008 on a MacBook Air with Snow Leopard. When I hook up a projector for a presenatation, all is fine and I see my desktop picture being projected with my PowerPoint file open. But as soon as I start to run a slideshow from the file, the video being projected is fine but the display on my laptop becomes completely corrupted. As soon as I disconnect the projector, the laptop display returns to normal and it stays normal after I re-connect the projector, but then corrupts when I start the slide show again. I've tried changing resolution and refresh rate and nothing helps, and I've tried this with multiple projectors to no avail. Any ideas? <br><br>Rock Roszak

P

Patrick W. Levens

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm using Office 2008 on a MacBook Air with Snow Leopard. When I hook up a projector for a presenatation, all is fine and I see my desktop picture being projected with my PowerPoint file open. But as soon as I start to run a slideshow from the file, the video being projected is fine but the display on my laptop becomes completely corrupted. As soon as I disconnect the projector, the laptop display returns to normal and it stays normal after I re-connect the projector, but then corrupts when I start the slide show again. I've tried changing resolution and refresh rate and nothing helps, and I've tried this with multiple projectors to no avail. Any ideas? <br><br>Rock Roszak

Ask a Question