Left & Top Border

R

Ric Francis

This didn't *quite* work for me - I get a faint grey line instead of a black one - but I found something that did. The issue seems to be with compression.

To switch off automatic image compression:
1) Go to File > Options > Advanced
2) Scroll to find Image Size and Quality
3) In the select list, choose "All New Documents"
4) Tick the "Do not compress images in file" box
5) Click OK

J

JT

I've had the same issue when inserting a jpeg into a .pptx file created in PowerPoint 2010 by someone else.

I get a grey border on the top and left sides of the image too.

The Contour solution didn't change anything for me and compression was already turned off.

My workaround was to save the jpeg as a png file and when I inserted the png there was no border.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
MongoDb vs SQL Server Basic Speed Tests
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial.../mongodb-vs-sql-server-basic-speed-tests.aspx

T

Terry Litt

I am using Windows 7 and word 2007.
If you select the picture that is causing the problem, "Picture Tools" will appear above the format tab on the access bar.

Click on that and in the "Picture Styles" box, you will see several picture icons.

There are 28 choices but you might only see a couple depending on how wide your window is.

Choose the sixth one from the left, (or arrow down until you reach the sixth one), click on it and it should fix the problem.

Ask a Question