Legal way to get a free copy of office 2016 for a blind it student

Reaction score
hi. a it blind student using the jaws for windows screen reader from Freedomscientific,
and studying a diploma of software development from upskilled.edu.au,
in australia. i have microsoft office 2010 pro, legally purchased. now looking for a free upgrade to microsoft office pro 2016. where can i get it. my
institution, has had major hassles getting certified from microsoft dreamspark, and partners. not an easy process, and so in the end, they gave up, and
not a partner any more. so, where can i get a free legal copy of office 2016 pro, and also what about adobe cs 6.0 for students, got 5.5 student premium,
but would like to upgrade free to 6.0, and is it accessible with my screen reader? also compattible with windows 10 64 bit pro. can any one let me know
and e-mail me or reply to this. thanks. Marvin from Adelaide, Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Try forwarding your query to Royal National Institute for the Blind in the UK - www.rnib.org.uk. They have a very good IT section.

I have done a quick Google search - 'visual impairment free copy MS Office'. It seems from those search results that you can only get a free copy of Windows-eyes screen reading software if you already have installed a certified copy of MS Office.

However, I would stress I am not an expert in this field and strongly recommend that you try RNIB as suggested above.

Richard

Ask a Question