Line not showing on print

Reaction score
MS Word in Office Home & Student 2010, Win 10. I've got a letterhead that I've used for many years with a 1 pt horizontal black line across the page underneath my name, address, etc. For some reason, it's not showing in Print or in printing. As I recall, it was done with the program's line drawing tools. Saving it as a doc or docx, increasing the size or changing printers has no effect. I'm puzzled. Any ideas? Thanks,

Update: I'm guessing some options had been reset with one of the Office updates: https://wordribbon.tips.net/T007554_Images_Wont_Print.html

Last edited:

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Without actually seeing the problem document, it can be difficult for anyone to diagnose the issue. Can you attach a document to a post with some representative data (delete anything sensitive)? You do this via the 'upload a file' tab at the bottom of this screen.

Reaction score
Try updating your printer driver. Another thing that can cause this is the presence of displayed hidden text which is not printed.

Ask a Question