Looking for Information Word (Office 365) editing using VB.Net

Reaction score
In particular I would like to see a description on how to use functions such as
CurrentColumn = Word.WdInformation.wdEndOfRangeColumnNumber. This is not from inside the word document using VBA but with a standalone VB.Net program accessing a word document to extract text data from a table, etc.
For some reason the standalone pgm returns column 17 as the column containing the selected text. Very similar code in
a VBA app returns column 1 which is correct.

Not looking for a solution but just a good description of the various functions available using a Reference to Word 16 object in the and an import of Microsoft.Office.Interop

Thanks

Reaction score
I found the answer to the particular problem I was having. I still have not found any repository for documentation on the functions, etc. in the "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word" namespace. Someone sent a unsigned response to above post that didn't make much sense on my 2017 Visual Studio system as nothing he mentioned seemed to exist. The particular problem I posted is solved, the issue of the inability for Microsoft to provide a coherent pointer to documentation supporting the mostly really great tools provided is not solved.

Ask a Question