looking for vba to add formatted entries to autocorrect in Word 2010

C

Craig Tater

I have a list of about 100 autocorrect entries I want to add to MS Word. The results will be formatted, so I have to enter them into the Autocorrect box by highlighting them before I enter the box, but with Word 2010 that boxwon't just stay open, so to do it manually I have to highlight the entry in a document, go to File > Options > Proofing, and click AutoCorrect Options for each entry individually. It's a long process, and it seems there mustbe a way programmatically to fill that AutoCorrect list, including the formatting of the characters?

What I'm AutoCorrecting are the names of music chords, so for instance whenever I type "Bdim", I want it to Autocorrect to B°, and I want it to be bold, italicized and in a particular colour (I use this to make charts for aband). In some cases, I want different formatting on parts of the entry, such as correcting "E7" to an E7 with the "7" in superscript.

Again, I can do this one piece at a time and it works but it's a long process.

Any thoughts? Is there some way to iterate thru a listing and populate the AutoCorrect entries to get what i want? Alternately, is there a way to editthe listing without having to go thru the dialog box in Word?

Thanks for any help!
C

S

Stefan Blom

To reduce the number of steps when manually creating the entries, you can add
the AutoCorrect Options button to the Quick Access Toolbar. Click File tab |
Options | Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Craig Tater" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...