MacBookPro, Leopard: "Corrupted Fonts" In Microsoft Office 2004

M

Macophile87

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Hi,
My new MacBook Pro does not seem to want to work with my 2004 Office. When I open it it says:
"The font "....." is corrupt and should be removed."
Now, the "....." does not actually give a font name (or not one I recognize) it says: "ÇlÇr ÇoÉSÉVÉbÉN" or "ÇlÇr Çoñaei©" or "ÇlÇr ñæi" or "ÀœÃÂ" or "∑s≤"©'≈É" or one other one but it is Chinese characters so I don't recognize it at all. I tried deleting all the Chinese fonts, but that did nothing. I also tried uninstalling Office and Re-installing
What Should I do, and what is wrong?

I tried validating the fonts, and deleting the bad ones, it did not help. 40 fonts have problems...Office is only having problems with like 4-5. And I can't delete some of the ones they say are having problems as they are Times New Roman, and Arial, and I need these for school. So I deleted a few, and then used the Resolve Duplicate feature to try to fix the rest, but when I ran the check again they all came up as having the "Duplicate fonts" problem.

The problem is I do not know which fonts Office is having the problem with as I dod not recognise the names, and they do not match up with font files.

I hope someone can help me.
Thank you!

Ask a Question