Macro to select and delete levels of a document

GDA

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm experiencing a difficulty in the creation of a macro that can select the text of a specific level identified by a number value and than delete it.

I tried with the manual selection, but, because it's a document that has to be modified before the deletion, it would obviously select the specific number of word/row, not the document.

Maybe someone could help me figuring out how to write a macro in that sense.

Thanks to everyone

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Your problem description is too vague for anyone to provide a solution. In Word, numbering levels are determined by the list level, not by the list number. For example, a paragraph numbered 6.1 using list level numbering has a higher list level than a paragraph numbered 2.1.3. And, if Heading Styles are linked to the list level numbering, it becomes quite simple to delete both the heading and all content associated with it. See, for example: https://www.msofficeforums.com/word-vba/10462-delete-specific-text.html

GDA

Reaction score
I know.
And I even know, now that it's almost impossible the way I try to do.
I almost find another way, so I'll open another thread to ask for some little adjustment there.
Thanks for the reply

Ask a Question