Macros disappear when sending mail

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm having a problem at my job, as I have a template with some macroes and Ribbon-control. when the macroes are run, the template is generated with some stock-prices and more. Then the document is saved and sent to another department. However when they open it at the other department all macroes and Iribbon is gone.

I have googled this for some time, and my problem is not that I have the macroes saved in the normal.dot project, which is what people mostly think.

I have tried saving the document as .docm and more, but that doesn't help.

We both have version 2007 office.

I have tried saving it as docx and then send it to a colleague next to me in which case it works, but in the other department it never works.

Any help or hint is appreciated,

Michael

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi Michael,

That will because the macros etc are in the template, not the document. If you provide the template to the other users also, and they install it in their templates folder, they should have the full functionality.

Reaction score
Hi Macropod,
thanks for your answer :)

Well, that was what I meant about the usual solution being that people have stored the code within the normal.dot project and not within the document itself. But see, I have stored it within the document. Some of the code is stored in the new_document or this_document and some is controlled by the Iribbon I have also added to the specific document.

If there is something I'm not getting here, then please explain what your solution would be :)

Ask a Question