Mail Merge Automation and C#

Reaction score
I am new to C# and working with mail merging automation.

I'm uncertain how to go about solving this problem and just need a point in the right direction.

My project: Retrieve data (names, addresses and the like) from the user/database and populate a form with the retrieved data until the data list is exhausted.

My possible solutions (that I've come up with).
1. Use a template that will create a new .doc or .docx for the user to review and print at will.
2. Dynamically create the template within the code and loop thru the data until done.

The problem with #2 is that with any template changes, the user will be forced to bother the programmers for changes, I am favoring solution #1.

Thus, I go forth with this solution in mind but all the examples I have seen such as this one where only one set of record is processed. I am confused as to how to 'loop' thru the template or does word do that for me. Is it possible for alll the names to be used for the mail merge?

Am I approaching this problem the wrong way? Any advice will be appreciated.

~Confused

Ask a Question