Manipulating email addresses in Outlook

I

Ibrahim Benna

I have an exchange 2007 environment that was migrated from Lotus Domino. In active directory, we have changed the display name of all users to show LastName,FirstName so when users send emails out, they show up that way in the FROM field (that is: SMITH, JOHN [mailto:[email protected]])

Emails received previously when they were on Notes were using the default FirstName LastName view. The problem i am having now is that in Outlook I have 2 different formats for JOHN SMITH in my inbox so as I search for an email from that person, I have to do 2 searches, one by their FIRSTNAME LASTNAME format and the second by their LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME format. Is there anyway for me to modify my outlook or contact list so that the emails from the same person show up in the same format (I want to continue using LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME format). In other words, are there any applications or scripts that will allow me to modify the display name in the FROM field of an email received in my outlook?

Thanks in advance

Ask a Question