MAPI32.DLL error when re-installing Office 2003

R

Richard C

After de-installing Office 2007 I re-installed 2003. MAPI32.dll is corrupt.
Re-install Outlook is displayed.
I re-install Outlook and reboor but I stll get the same error message. How
do I re-install or generate a new MAPI32.dll program?

M

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

In Windows Safe Mode, rename MSMAPI32.dll to something like .old. Then install Outlook 2003. It will automatically detect and repair the MAPI32.dll. Do NOT rename or delete MAPI32.dll.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Richard C asked:

| After de-installing Office 2007 I re-installed 2003. MAPI32.dll is
| corrupt. Re-install Outlook is displayed.
| I re-install Outlook and reboor but I stll get the same error
| message. How do I re-install or generate a new MAPI32.dll program?

Reaction score
Hi,

Microsoft Office is huge and powerful program (more exactly, a bunch of programs) with many options and possibilities. That's why you must exactly describe what you did - without this information is very difficult to troubleshoot your problem.

The example: you said "I am trying to re-install Office 2003". There are many ways to do it. For instance, open Control Panel, then Add or Remove Programs wizard, select from the list of installed programs "Microsoft Office 2003..." ("Change" and "Remove" buttons appear), click Remove and uninstall Office 2003. Then FROM THE SAME WIZARD click "Add New Programs" button on the left pane, click "CD or Floppy" button and point it to your installation CD.

Another possibility (and I would suggest to try it) is from Add or Remove Programs select "Microsoft Office 2003..." and click Change button. Then, when Office Setup dialog appears, select "Repair Office" option and follow the wizard.

Now answer to your questions. When your installation crashed (by the way, immediately buy and use surge protector!), some of the Office files was damaged. It triggers Office Setup to search for the replacement files which are not included in your version of Office (you probably tried to install Office from your Installation CD "on the top" of existing damaged installation, don't you?). Try to repair your Office installation instead.

"Administrative install point" is a folder on the drive (local or in most cases network), in which all Office installation files were copied in special way. You can install Office from such folder as from CD, but without typing your Installation key (and also with pre-selected settings and options). You can create Administrative point by creating a folder with appropriate name and then inserting your Office CD and running Setup.exe from Run dialog with /a switch (click Start | Run, type f:setup.exe /a and hit Enter).

Microsoft Office Service Pack 2 superseed Service Pack 1, that means if SP-2 is installed or included, all features of SP-1 are included also.

Try to repair Office and good luck!

Error in re-installation of office 2003 | Techyv.com

Ask a Question