P

Peter Williams

Entourage 2008 version 12.2.4 (100205)
Macbook Pro Leopard Version 10.6.3
Microsoft Exchange server 2003

Can't find anything on this so hope someone can help. Two computers, one a
PC running Outlook and this Mac. New messages appear in Entourage inbox, but
when account is accessed through Outlook on the PC, and the emails uploaded,
they disappear from the Entourage inbox! Messages are still on server.

S

SpiderTech

To offer the best help, answer a few questions.

1. How is Entourage and Outlook configured to your mailbox? (i.e. POP3, IMAP, or Exchange)
2. When you open Outlook, does these messages show in Outlook?
3. Do you have any devices configured to your exchange account? And how are they configured?
4. Do you have an client or server side rules?

Also to eliminate troubleshooting, please search Entourage to see if these messages have been moved to a different folder.

Please keep us posted i'm sure others will help.

C

clo2peter

Thanks for trying to help!

1. Both Entourage and Outlook are set up as Exchange accounts. I think Outlook is accessing the server directly, and Entourage is using the webmail service.
2. Yes, the messages load in Outlook, and (almost) immediately disappear from Entourage. I had Entourage running with the emails displayed for about two hours. As soon as Outlook had accessed the server the messages disappeared from Entourage inbox and appeared in Outlook Inbox. What is strange is that all the other folders seem to be there OK (sent, deleted, etc.)
3. Not sure what you mean by 'devices'?
4. I will check with IT today, but I have asked them about this and they have no idea why it is happening.

I have searched and the messages are not on the Mac.

Ask a Question