Microsoft Graph Does not work - Cannot edit charts! URGENT!!!!!

M

mssdf123

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: intel

When I double click on a chart I created in Word to edit it, Microsoft Graph opens and says the message:

MICROSOFT GRAPH CANNOT LOAD THE MICROSOFT GRAPH SAHRED LIBRARIES
The Files may have been moved from their original locations. Try the following:
- Move Graph back to the Office folder (or the folder it was installed in)
- Reinstall Graph to make sure all files are installed correctly

Then I get a message from Word saying:

WORD CANNOT EDIT THE MICROSOFT GRAPH CHART

This never happened before, one day at 1 AM when I needed something for the next day it just decided it was the best time to stop working, very reliable. And I have no idea how to make a pie chart by hand. So what should I do? I tried the following:

1. tried again with a different chart and got the same thing.

2. Checked to see if Microsoft Graph was still in it's original folder by going to Macintosh HD>Microsoft Office 2004>Office and I found it was still there. I clicked on the icon, and recieved the same message sans the one from Word.

3. Tried to open with Excel but I have no idea how.

Also, I have no more unused product keys and don't feel like dishing out cash to buy a new copy of Office. Is there a way to reinstall without buying a new copy somehow? If there is no way then Ill be forcd to download *shudder* an Open Source Office Program wich I don't know how to use and runs slowly on a mac I hear. I'm new to this whole thing but I think I've written everything I need.

PLEASE RESPOND I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP I AM NOT A TECH-GUY!

E

eristhenes

Open the document in Apple iWork (Pages), you can download a demo from the
site, right-click on the chart, open the data editor, and copy/paste into
Word or Excel!

Ask a Question