Migrating folders from Exchange/Outlook/PC to Entourage/Mac

W

WT21

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I have a corporate Dell laptop using my company's exchange server (it's not yet Exch2007, though they say that's coming). I run Macs for home, and would like to start using them for work.

Currently, I have Office 2008 home edition (bought it just for word and excel).

I have entourage pulling messages via IMAP from the exchange server. I also have opened the calendar folder, which seems to be populating the calendar. That's all good.

However, I have a complex folder structure on the Exchange server, and it seems I have to "mount" each and every exchange personal folder to entourage. Is there some way to tell Entourage to just download all this folder structure, because doing it manually, folder-by-folder is pretty tedious.

By the way, I am not talking about a pst file, but rather the folders from the exchange server.

If there's no way to do this running as an IMAP client, if I paid for the upgrade to the full office package, would that support it? I don't want to shell out $200 just for entourage/exchange integration, if it doesn't help with this.

Last question -- I used a third party application to create an "outlook.gre" file from my archive .pst file from Outlook. I am having trouble mounting that .gre file into Entourage. What's the reasonable expectation on where that file should mount? Should I see it in the "On My Computer" section?

I know the options for integration of Mac to Exchange expand if my company moves to Exchange 2007, but that's not under my control, so any help on the above given my limitations, is very much appreciated.

Ask a Question