Mis-performing MP4 files in Mac PPT

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am using a Mac 2019 PPT with Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.2. I have a 2 second MP4 video of a graphic animation that I exported thru Media Encoder (single play, no loop). I inserted the MP4 into the PPT doc and selected it to "Autoplay" and "hide during show". When I do a preview it plays just fine--the file ends staying on the screen until I go to the next slide. However, when I go to Presentation play mode, the video successfully plays through but then it disappears automatically--there are NO transitions or any animation affects on the video. There is no slide auto advance. I did a restart on the PPT, and I tried to reimport this 10 times and no matter how many preference changes I made, nothing solves the disappearing video. I even tried to trim the file tighter, but it always "disappears" when its finished playing. I tried the same MP4 file on new version of Keynote, and it performs flawlessly and remains displaying on the screen at the end of its single animation until i go to the next slide.

Please...any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Reaction score
I found the solution. When you click on the video and view the playback preference "Hide on Show" this causes the video to disappear after it is complete. That preference setting needs to be changed to something more obvious. Keynote does not have this feature. Solved.

Ask a Question