Missing Data in Spreadsheet Contained in aDisk Image - After Copying

A

Alexo

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I used Migration Assistant to copy all my applications and files to my new iMac i7. When I attempt to open a vital password protected Disk Image, the .dmg opens OK but the Excel file contained within doesn't have any data in it. Taking a copy of the .dmg from a backup disk results in the same thing.

What's really peculiar 'though is that if I right click the file before actually opening it, using Quick Look, it shows all the data is there. But the file still won't open the Excel spreadsheet with the data showing. Any ideas please?

A

Alexo

Further to my last post - I made a copy of the Excel file in the Disk Image, then tried to import it directly to my new computer. This removed any complications the Disk Image might have been causing. Same problem 'though - the Excel file opened but there was no data populating it. Could the move from 10.5 Leopard to 10.6 Snow Leopard on my new computer be causing the problem?

Ask a Question