Missing sync preferences

C

cmeghna

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Hello,
I've just installed Entourage on my computer, and would like it to sync with iCal and Address Book.
From what I've read, I need to turn Sync Settings on in Preferences, but Sync Settings is missing from the menu. I tried "switching identities" as suggested in the product guide, but all it did was to close the windows down and grey everything out.
Help! What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

Have you updated Office 2004? Sync Services were added with 11.2.3.

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.5 (combo updater)
Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.6 Update

Links to updaters:

Microsoft Downloads Links

Check your install:

Did you install Office 2004 with the CD or did you simply drag over the Office 2004 folder in applications? The installer will create the mdimporter files necessary for syncing. If these are missing you won't see sync.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page
Entourage Help Blog
Follow us on twitter

C

cmeghna

Hello Diane,

That was it exactly! I did use the installer, but somehow the sync feature hadn't come through. It's there now, and working beautifully. Thanks so much - I really appreciate it.

- Meg

D

Diane Ross

That was it exactly! I did use the installer, but somehow the sync feature
hadn't come through. It's there now, and working beautifully. Thanks so much -
I really appreciate it.

You¹re welcome!

Ask a Question