Monitor Arrangement in Excel 2008

D

dbspeer

I have a second monitor which sits directly above my laptop screen. As a result, I have a arranged my monitor to be place directly above my laptop screen on my extended desktop as well, using the Mac Display Preferences Arrangement.

In Word 2008 I can move a document up to the external monitor with no problem by simply dragging it. However, Excel 2008 will NOT allow me to move a spreadsheet to that monitor. As a test, I changed the arrangement so the monitor's extended desktop was to the left of the laptop screen. Sure enough, I could move the spreadsheet on to it. I left it there and changed the arrangement back to above my laptop screen and when the monitors refreshed, the spreadsheet was back on my laptop screen. It will not under any circumstances allow me to put it on my external monitor when it is above my laptop.

This is a huge problem. I constantly work with spreadsheets and they are frequently on the my external monitor. I never had this problem in Excel 2004. This could be a deal breaker.

I would love to hear from someone on the Excel development team about this.

B

b.c.

hi
your problem seems to be same as what I also just reported here just a bit earlier today:
Excel 2008 problem with secondary external monitor
http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Excel/495

difference is my ext monitor is beside my laptop, but arranged so that it has area higher than my laptop screen. net result is the same - you can't drag any Excel 2008 window "above" where the main menubar lies in the overall virtual display space. As I mentioned, none of the other Office 2008 apps nor any prior version of Office for the Mac behaved this way.

if you change the Displays->Arrangement so your ext monitor is beside but extends above the main screen, I believe you will find the same thing.

it's a huge problem for me as well, I frequently use multiple large worksheets open on the 2nd monitor.

S

shipspeed

hi <br>
your problem seems to be same as what I also just reported here just a bit earlier today: <br>
Excel 2008 problem with secondary external monitor <br>
<a href="http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Excel/495">http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Excel/495</a> <br><br>difference is my ext monitor is beside my laptop, but arranged so that it has area higher than my laptop screen. net result is the same - you can't drag any Excel 2008 window "above" where the main menubar lies in the overall virtual display space. As I mentioned, none of the other Office 2008 apps nor any prior version of Office for the Mac behaved this way. <br><br>if you change the Displays->Arrangement so your ext monitor is beside but extends above the main screen, I believe you will find the same thing. <br><br>it's a huge problem for me as well, I frequently use multiple large worksheets open on the 2nd monitor.

S

shipspeed

Hi, I'm having the same problem...big bummer. I hope the mac bu can find a
solution.

Ask a Question