Movie won't open in PowerPoint?

B

bethanie.joye

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have spent the entire day trying to figure this out and nothing works! I have the movie Crash saved onto my computer (in .avi format) which I can play in VLC. For my presentation on this movie I need to show lots of clips from this movie and I figured out that while watching the movie I can simply press shift + command + R to start recording a clip and then press shift + command + R to stop recording the clip. This clip automatically saves into my Documents folder in .avi format. These clips also play just fine in VLC. But when I am in PowerPoint and try to insert a clip using "Insert Movie..." it always comes up with a message saying "This file is not in a recognized movie format." So i tried converting it to .mp4 but it still came up with the same message. I have spent my entire day trying to figure this out and I am so frustrated :( Can anyone please help me? Key note: although this movie and the clips play perfectly in VLC, they are unable to play in QuickTime.

Ask a Question