Moving Entourage from old computer to new computer

S

ScoutTess

Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have a new iMac and want to move my Entourage 2004 from off of my old G4 Mac (all of the accounts and folders) and have it flow into my Entourage 2008 on my new iMac. I am not doing a firewire transfer from old computer to new computer. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks!

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

On 1/6/10 6:13 PM, in article [email protected], "[email protected]" wrote:

I have a new iMac and want to move my Entourage 2004 from off of my old G4 Mac (all of the accounts and folders) and have it flow into my Entourage 2008 on my new iMac.  I am not doing a firewire transfer from old computer to new computer.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?  Thanks!

Be sure Entourage 2008 can import your Entourage 2004 Identity before you get rid of the old computer. Sometimes you have to export the data as .rge or MBOX files to import.

Install and update Office 2008. See this link for help: Open Entourage 2008 and let it create a new Microsoft User Data folder. Quit Entourage and delete the blank Main Identity. Drag your Office 2004 Identities folder into the Microsoft User Data folder. When you open Entourage it will ask if you want to import from an older version. Select the Office 2004 Identity. Entourage 2008 will upgrade the Identity.

Once you are satisfied with the upgrade you can delete the Office 2004 Identities folder.

Physically moving over the data can be done with an Ethernet if you have a router. If not, do you have any type of external drive? Copy the Office 2004 Identities folder to the drive. You only need the Main Identity you are currently using.

If you don’t have an external drive, if your Identity is small enough you can burn to DVD.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page   
Entourage Help Blog  
Follow us on twitter  

S

ScoutTess

> On 1/6/10 6:13 PM, in article (e-mail address removed)2ac0, "[email protected]" wrote:
>
> I have a new iMac and want to move my Entourage 2004 from off of my old G4 Mac (all of the accounts and folders) and have it flow into my Entourage 2008 on my new iMac.  I am not doing a firewire transfer from old computer to new computer.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?  Thanks!
>
> Be sure Entourage 2008 can import your Entourage 2004 Identity before you get rid of the old computer. Sometimes you have to export the data as .rge or MBOX files to import.
>
> Install and update Office 2008. See this link for help:
> Open Entourage 2008 and let it create a new Microsoft User Data folder. Quit Entourage and delete the blank Main Identity.
> Drag your Office 2004 Identities folder into the Microsoft User Data folder.
> When you open Entourage it will ask if you want to import from an older version. Select the Office 2004 Identity.
> Entourage 2008 will upgrade the Identity.
>
> Once you are satisfied with the upgrade you can delete the Office 2004 Identities folder.
>
> Physically moving over the data can be done with an Ethernet if you have a router. If not, do you have any type of external drive? Copy the Office 2004 Identities folder to the drive. You only need the Main Identity you are currently using.
>
> If you don’t have an external drive, if your Identity is small enough you can burn to DVD.
>
> --
> Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
> Entourage Help Page   
> Entourage Help Blog  
> Follow us on twitter  
> This worked! Thanks so much.

Ask a Question