Moving text only

W

Wayne Thompson

is the a way to move text only? If i right click on the border area to move it to another cell (location) a window pops up but the option to MOVE value only does not show, only COPY value only and a list of other things, Say I have a persons name (Mike Smith) in a cell filled with color and a bold border around it and I only want to move the "Mike Smith" and leave everything else then I want to move another name into that spot with the color filled and border around the new name.

I only want to move the text, quick and easy, I hope. Right now I need to highlight the text then do a Cut/Paste

Z

Zaidy036

is the a way to move text only? If i right click on the border area to move it to another cell (location) a window pops up but the option to MOVE value only does not show, only COPY value only and a list of other things, Say I have a persons name (Mike Smith) in a cell filled with color and a bold border around it and I only want to move the "Mike Smith" and leave everything else then I want to move another name into that spot with the color filled and border around the new name.

I only want to move the text, quick and easy, I hope. Right now I need to highlight the text then do a Cut/Paste
<Ctrl>+x in original cell then Paste-Special-Value in the new cell

W

Wayne Thompson

Thanks for your reply,
<Ctrl>+x does a copy/paste. this moves the color and border as well. I'm hoping just to move the text

D

Don Guillett

Thanks for your reply,
<Ctrl>+x does a copy/paste. this moves the color and border as well. I'm hoping just to move the text

Send me your file and a complete explanation and examples
dguillett1 @gmail.com

W

Wayne Thompson

When I do <Ctrl> + x this does a copy/paste, the color and border move as well. I hope to only move the text. Another thought is there a way to freeze the page layout/format and the only thing that can move/change is the text?

Z

Zaidy036

Thanks for your reply,
not Paste but "Paste Special" then value

Ask a Question