MS Word normal.dot cannot be fixed 'text box' appears each time

Reaction score
My blank word document has, what looks like, a text box that cannot be removed. I have tried to edit the normal.dot template. I cannot remove this 'box'. I cannot type outside it as well. I have deleted the template, but MS word recreated the template with the 'box'. One thing I have noticed is that I can type inside the 'text box' at any point I click the cursor. If I were to create a 'blank' document, and click 'return' inside the box, it creates another row/box.

See attached.

I was wondering if there is a setting that forces the box to be there. I cannot find such a setting.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Attachments

• FMCM Word issue - Capture.PNG
    FMCM Word issue - Capture.PNG
    258.7 KB · Views: 61

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Word's Normal template. What you're seeing is the result of having checked the 'Show text boundaries' option, under File|Options|Advanced>Show document content.

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Word's Normal template. What you're seeing is the result of having checked the 'Show text boundaries' option, under File|Options|Advanced>Show document content.
Thank you so much. That is it.

Ask a Question