Multiple addresses for a single account

C

cfb

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I am a new Entourage 2008 users who recently switched from Thunderbird (using OWA for my calendaring was just killing me). I have run into one problem I have been unable to solve.

My exchange account has 2 valid email addresses for it, we shall call them (e-mail address removed) (which is the email address for the account) and (e-mail address removed) which is an alias. I have configured my email address in Entourage as (e-mail address removed) and have added both foo2.bar2 and foo.bar as email address to "My Contact" in my address book.

The problem I have is that if I receive a message to foo2.bar2 (the address that is NOT configured under the account) when I click "Reply to All" Entourage includes foo2.bar2 in the reply and I end up getting a copy of the message.

Thunderbird has the ability to create additional "Identities" under the same account to account for this but I can't see to find a similar feature in Entourage.

How do you configure Entourage to support this type of use?

Thank you in advance.

D

Diane Ross

My exchange account has 2 valid email addresses for it, we shall call them
(e-mail address removed) (which is the email address for the account) and
(e-mail address removed) which is an alias. I have configured my email address in
Entourage as (e-mail address removed) and have added both foo2.bar2 and foo.bar as
email address to "My Contact" in my address book.

I'm not sure if the info here works on Exchange accounts, but check it out.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/accounts/alias.html>

In case the above link does not work:

http://tinyurl.com/69698g

Ask a Question