Multiple conditions for if statements in Word

M

maryjo_3

Racking my brain trying to figure out how to do nested multiple if statements in Word...it's not your basic "if..then...else" nor is it simply "and" or "or"...it's more of an "and/or" if statement. Mail merge document, adding astorisks based on state AND major. Here's an example of what I want to do:

If state = WA and major <> nursing or major <> to dental hygiene or major<> to registered nursing then insert * otherwise nothing.

I have to do this for 13 different states as well, each with 3 majors...it just keeps adding extra astorisks. Any ideas??

B

Barry Schwarz

Racking my brain trying to figure out how to do nested multiple if statements in Word...it's not your basic "if..then...else" nor is it simply "and" or "or"...it's more of an "and/or" if statement. Mail merge document, adding astorisks based on state AND major. Here's an example of what I want to do:

If state = WA and major <> nursing or major <> to dental hygiene or major <> to registered nursing then insert * otherwise nothing.

I have to do this for 13 different states as well, each with 3 majors...it just keeps adding extra astorisks. Any ideas??

Are the three majors the same for all 13 states? For a given major,
do multiple states have the same processing?

Ask a Question