My computer will print from ALL other programs except MS publisher 2007

Reaction score
My office uses MS publisher 2007 for 80% of our forms. We have had no problems with any machine and 2007 suits our business needs. When I came to work Tuesday I cannot print from my computer to the network printer. Ran all the diagnostics for office, the printer and for windows. No help. Tried stopping spoolsv.exe with no success. Then I found out that it is ONLY ms publisher that is having the issue. Every other program installed on my computer has full printing function. All other office programs (word, excel) open and print easily. All other graphics programs (paint, correl, photoshop) have no issues. Custom programs for my business print with ease.

THIS IS A MS PUBLISHER ONLY PROBLEM. I, and many other publisher 2007 users in windows 10, need a solution

d6cbdca8-fe00-4737-9654-e2a2f3cf7fd0

When I wait, it may time out or if I hit the cancel button it gives me this message:
ab63de07-91ed-4dcd-97b7-5d322ba2995b

I think this error has begun after a automatic microsoft update. The last thing we attempted was resetting to a earlier system restore to January 25, which was no help. I have been seeing others having the same issue but no one from microsoft has given us the reason behind or a proper fix on this situation. We have another stations using MSpub 2007 withing the network that are not showing any signs of this problem. This issue has greatly hindered my ability to work. My printing and design service in the office is hampered. I hope that someone can provide me with the solution. For tech specs, this is what I am running now. It says it is up to date. This is what publisher 2007 says:

6b456fad-8314-4ce6-8f29-4a2e1220beb8

On some other help sites people have given me work arounds but that does not solve the problem and is too time consuming to have my staff perform on every document we are or have created. We do not need to update to the latest publisher as 2007 is supported by windows 10.

Thanking you in advance for a SOLUTION to this problem, i am NOT looking for a temporary work around.

Reaction score
Please someone from Microsoft please look at this issue and provide feedback. It is crippling my business.

Reaction score
This query has also been posted in the Microsoft Community, and unfortunately it seems that it is a known problem. The OP was shown the workaround, which can be found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-printer/b3ec7391-99da-4bad-b6a7-79ba79a17f34

Becky, thank you for your post. If I was only working with 1-2 files a day the workaround would be OK but we are printing hundreds of time per day, making subtle changes on our publisher files before having to print. For this reason I can do a few workarounds but if the problem is known, is the solution being worked on.

If I knew it was only a certain chip set or specific computer card in my computer I would swap out this computer for another and reinstall. Does anyone know specifics to this problem? Our other workstation at a different site is not affected which lends itself to a conflict with hardware.

We need to know what Microsoft thinks it is and once we know, it will give me options. What is exactly the problem?

Reaction score
I don't work at Microsoft, so unfortunately I don't know whether they are planning to implement a fix for this problem. I can understand your frustration, it must be incredibly annoying given your set-up. The response on the Microsoft support community seemed to suggest that this issue has been popping up a lot recently, so hopefully Microsoft will look at it, but there's no saying when.

Ask a Question