Need Help: Adding a folder at root level and more

S

SynDev

Using Outlook 2007 and VSTO3.0 (with Visual Studio 2008)

1.Is it possible in Outlook 2007 to add a custom folder at root level (At the same level of 'Personal Folders', 'Archive Folders' etc) (a .pst file) programmatically?

If yes, How ?

2.If answer to 1’st question is yes then is it possible to add Outlook Form Region for the click of this custom folder.

3.Is it possible to add a custom Navigation Button (Like Mail, Contacts, Notes etc ) on Navigation panel

4.Is it possible to browse local folders on HDD on click event of a custom folder in outlook. And then browse the contents of windows folder in content pane or Message Pane. (e.g. To be able to browse My documents folder on click of a custom folder in outlook Navigation pane. And view the contents of a file in content pane .)
I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
SynDev

K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

I already answered all those questions previously for you, the answer
remains No to all of them. Nothing has changed.

S

SynDev

Thank you for your response.

I found out that AddStore method of the Namespace object let us add a new Data File --Store (.pst file) which is a folder at the root level --at the same level as 'Personal Folders', 'Archive Folders' etc.)

It is also possible to add existing files from HDD or newly created files to this folder and browse them in Message pane and view the contents of the file in Content Pane, by creating Outlook.DocumentItem object and saving it as an attachment.

I would be happy to provide code snippet if somebody is struggling with the same questions.

It is however not possible to add Navigation Button.

SynDev

K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

A different store isn't at the root level of the original store, it's an
entirely separate entity. So that's not what you had asked originally.

Ask a Question