Need Help Writing VBA Replace Data Macro

Reaction score
As I've come to find, Data Macros do not work when split a database. Unfortunately, I was copying the comment form from the Contacts Web Database, which uses a data macro to insert text into the approprate table.
Now, the database I created is not a web database, but it implements a similar form. There is a 'comments' table that holds the 'fullname' of the customer, the date of the comment, and the comment text. Also, there is a form called 'CustomerComments' that displays a single customer at a time, and contains a text box and a button. Once a comment is typed into the textbox, you click the button and it is added into the comments table (although it's displayed through a report on the form).
I attached screencaps of the data macro on the table, and the 'on click' macro from the form. I'm still new to VBA so any help on how to start coding this in VBA would be a big help (especially since I haven't seen any way to automatically convert data macros to vba).

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 26d1346955828-need-help-writing-vba-replace-data-macro-macro1.jpg
    26d1346955828-need-help-writing-vba-replace-data-macro-macro1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 503
  • 27d1346955828-need-help-writing-vba-replace-data-macro-macro2.jpg
    27d1346955828-need-help-writing-vba-replace-data-macro-macro2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 458

Ask a Question