Need to increase font size in MS Office 2013 in Windows 10

Reaction score
I am using a Toshiba 64-bit laptop, running Windows 10 Home, 8gb memory, 1Tb hard drive.

Unfortunately, I did an update to Windows 10 and lost all the readable sized text in the toolbars, menus, etc, not only in Windows but also in MS Office 2013. I really need to be able to make just the font larger than 9 pts. I don't want the apps and icons so large they jump off the screen at me.

Since the Appearance and Personalization option has disappeared out of Windows 10, did the Office developers have the intelligence and forethought to retain the ability to make the text in the menu and toolbars larger for those of us who don't have 20/10 vision? If so, where would I find that option?

Thank you for your help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Carole, welcome to the forums :). It sounds like your problem is Windows 10 related, rather than Office. Can you please try the following to see if it helps?

Right click the desktop > Click "Display Settings". Then, check that the scale and layout setting is set to the recommended level (or perhaps higher, if required). This should scale up all of the font options for you.

If that doesn't work as you'd like, you could try the System Font Size Changer app, which works with the latest Windows 10 update. It's free.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/system_font_size_changer.html

Ask a Question