Need to work with two different decimal separators

S

squizato

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I´m writing reports about the same set of data in two languages that have different decimals separators: Portuguese (,) and English (.). I would like to know if there is any way to have the data formatted for both languages in Excel for mac 2008. I mean, for example, 5.3 (English) and 5,3 (Portuguese).

Ideally, it would be in the same sheet, but it is so important to me that it can also be in different sheets, or even workbooks.

Two important notes:
I need to use external data (web query) that come with the Portuguese separator.

I just need the two sets on text (I do not have to do further calculations after defining the separator, I´ll just use the concatenate function, or & to merge cells contents), so it could be a simple formatting solution.

I´ve already tried to change international preferences and the text() function, but without success.

Any idea how can I do that?

I´m using Mac 2008 and OS X 10.5.8

Thanks

Ask a Question