New mail is suddently being routed to MyComputer Inbox not Exchange Inbox

A

artminds

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: Exchange

I've used Entourage for nearly 4 years, and new mail always arrives in the Exchange Inbox. Suddently, most messages are being routed to My Computer Inbox. This causses a problem because mail that arrives in My Computer Inbox doesn't appear in the Inbox on my network PC when I am in my office if it downloaded to my Mac at home and went to the "My Computer Inbox." I've made no changes to my configuration.

Art Minds

A

artminds

I've used Entourage for nearly 4 years, and new mail always arrives in the Exchange Inbox. Suddently, most messages are being routed to My Computer Inbox. This causses a problem because mail that arrives in My Computer Inbox doesn't appear in the Inbox on my network PC when I am in my office if it downloaded to my Mac at home and went to the "My Computer Inbox." I've made no changes to my configuration.
Art Minds

I found the solution in a similarly documented problem. Solved by deleting a Mailing List Rule created in error in response to a prompt when attempting to "unjunk" mail being routed to the junk mail folder. Go to Tools > Mailing List Rules to see the rules that have been setup, and either modify or delete them.

N

NBGrant

I've had this problem as well and the same solution has been suggested. It doesn't work for me as there are no rules at all.

I now have another client that has this same problem on 2004 (previous client was on 2008)

B

boofdba

I just hit this issue today. It pulled all of my messages from all of my exchange folders into the local inbox on my Mac. I was able to resolve it by killing a mailing list Manager rule.

N

NBGrant

Did you check Tools > Rules -AND- Tools > Mailing List Manager??

I did check both and there are no rules in either. I have this same issue at two of my clients both using Entourage 2008.

N

NBGrant

AH HA! I think I might have an idea....

Is it possible that Entourage is moving the mail to the local inbox because the box is full and cannot stay where it was? Or would the sender just get the bounce back if it was full?

Just playing and noticed this user quota is nearly maxed.

D

Diane Ross

Is it possible that Entourage is moving the mail to the local inbox because
the box is full and cannot stay where it was? Or would the sender just get the
bounce back if it was full?

I see you found this wasn't the case, but just to be clear, Entourage does
not have this function.

I would look for some server side rule.

B

Barry Wainwright

Diane said:
I see you found this wasn't the case, but just to be clear, Entourage does
not have this function.

I would look for some server side rule.

A server side rule won't move stuff to the LOCAL inbox :)

My money's on a MLM rule.

A

artminds

I posted the original message in this thread. I solved my problem by going to Tools > Mailing List Manager. There was a rule created there inadvertently by me when attempting to flag a certain sender or email as "Not spam." Once I deleted that rule, all was well with Entourage. There is one other place to check for a rule: Tools > Rules.

M

MKB

THANK YOU!
I have not used these forums before, but for the past few days, the SAME THING has been happening to me; Exchange incoming messages have been routed to the "Folders on My Computer" inbox. It looks like I had created a mailing list manager. I deleted it, send a test email from an external account and it arrived in my Exchange inbox! Thank you thank you thank you! What a pain it was to check both and then drag the messages to the Exchange inbox and then delete them from the other inbox! Whew!

Ask a Question