New Office 2004 Installation, no Autoupdate

M

mikepikefl

I've installed Office Student 2004 on my new Leopard Macbook, and while the apps work fine, Autoupdate is no where to be found. I've removed/installed and manually installed various updates (lots of information seemed to imply that Autoupdate was included in 11.3.3).

Since it's the student version with 3 licenses, I also installed it on my wife's Powerbook G4 with Tiger. Immediately at the end of the install, Autoupdate started and worked great. I don't get it!

I have since copied the Autoupdate program from the Tiger PPC machine over to this Leopard Intel machine and it appears to run, but I've already installed all the recent updates so I'm not sure if it's actually working.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is there something special I need to do?

M

Michael P.

I have the same problem. I just received a new copy of Office 2004 with a new MacBook and Autoupdate is nowhere to be found. I went back to the CD and did a search. It's not there. The website lets you download updates to Autoupdate, but not the software itself. Anyone know what's going on?

N

NicoleF

I installed Microsoft Office 2004 on my MacBook åPro in 2007. Auto-update worked fine (manually) until after I installed update 11.3.9. Since then when I check for update, the beach ball keeps turning...nothing else happens. I was able to install the 11.4.0 update by going to the web site checking, and downloading the update.

I called Microsoft to tell them of the issue. An hour and several people later, I was given a case number, and was told I would be contacted by a technician...that was several days ago...I haven't heard.

M

mikepikefl

NicoleF:

What version of OS X? Tiger or Leopard?

The problem that Michael P. and I have is that we don't have the Autoupdate program at all. You might want to start a new thread for your problem.

After I installed Office 2004 on my wife's Powerbook G4 running Tiger, I was able to copy Autoupdate to my Leopard machine and ran it ok. In fact I just updated with the latest 11.4.0 patch using it.

However if I didn't have a Tiger machine, or the link from Diane Ross above, I'd be out of luck!

A

Anthony

On 2/14/08 1:33 PM, in article (e-mail address removed)9absDaxw,
:

>
> The problem that Michael P. and I have is that we don't have the Autoupdate
> program at all. You might want to start a new thread for your problem.

Download AutoUpdate here:

You can find all the update links here:

Thanks for the link. But I didn't know the correct location to place the autoupdate download after double clicking on it. So I put it in several folders: MS Office X (2004) and its subfolder Office. When I executed (either), they both stated I have no updates for my software. Word, Excel, etc. did not show the command "Check for Updates", and when I tried to install Update 11.3.5, it terminated with the error: The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update.

My machine is a new Leopard. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office X (2004) several times using th ecorrect utility provided on the CD and I "fixed" disk permissions many times.

How can I make Office register with the autoupdate app? how can I get the updates to install? and autopdate command to appear in the Help menu?

Anthony

Ask a Question