New problem! All variables have to be defined?

B

Bobby

I am running Excel 2010. This morning I uninstalled logitech Webcam and replace it with a Microsoft new HD Webcam(including drivers). Since then and Ido not know if it is related, but all my Excel macros containing functionslike Date or Format stop with a message saying: can't find project or librairy. Plus if a variable is not define the macro stop! Can somebody help?

Regards.

B

Bobby

I am running Excel 2010. This morning I uninstalled logitech Webcam and replace it with a Microsoft new HD Webcam(including drivers). Since then andI do not know if it is related, but all my Excel macros containing functions like Date or Format stop with a message saying: can't find project or librairy. Plus if a variable is not define the macro stop! Can somebody help?

Regards.

I have to mention that I used the repair function of Microsoft Office, thatdid not work. I tried a System Restore but that did not work.
Any suggestion will be grately appreciate.

G

GS

I am running Excel 2010. This morning I uninstalled logitech Webcam and
replace it with a Microsoft new HD Webcam(including drivers). Since then and
I do not know if it is related, but all my Excel macros containing functions
like Date or Format stop with a message saying: can't find project or
librairy. Plus if a variable is not define the macro stop! Can somebody help?

Regards.

Have you got macros enabled for the open workbook?

It's only good practice to enforce variables be defined and so I won't
tell you where/how to turn that off because doing so will leave you
'flirting with disaster'! It's better that you learn good coding
techniques!<g>

--
Garry

Free uenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

B

Bobby

I am running Excel 2010. This morning I uninstalled logitech Webcam and replace it with a Microsoft new HD Webcam(including drivers). Since then andI do not know if it is related, but all my Excel macros containing functions like Date or Format stop with a message saying: can't find project or librairy. Plus if a variable is not define the macro stop! Can somebody help?

Regards.

Hi Garry,
Thanks for the reply.
To answer your question, yes macros are enable. What I meet is that I have some quick test macro where I did not define the variables and it did work before now if I test them it will not work unless I define then. I agree with you about always defining variables in a development environment.

B

Bobby

Regards.

Problem solved! For some unknowen reason in my references a MISSING libraryappeared. I unmarked it and everything is now working.
Regards.

G

GS

Problem solved! For some unknowen reason in my references a MISSING library
appeared. I unmarked it and everything is now working. Regards.

That's great! Thanks for the feedback...

--
Garry

Free uenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Ask a Question