NOT CONNECTED - Entourage 2008 with Exchange 2003

S

Stockley

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: Exchange

Hi
On Friday everything was fine. However when I came to work on Monday all my MAC computers won't connect to Exchange. I can set these accounts up on Windows (outlook2007) computers and access them without issues, or I can connect on the Mac's using OWA however Entourage won't connect.

ERROR DETAILS:
When I attempt to set up a new account in Entourage I enter in all the details

Email address : ***@prettypollution.com
Exchange server : server.prettypollution.local
LDAP server : server.prettypollution.local

When I verify settings I get "Verification Failed: The end of file was reached (-39)" Some of your account settings are incorrect. Click the left arrow and verify the items highlighted in RED.

When I 'click the left arrow' the "Exchange server" setting is marked RED. However these settings are definitely correct. I have tried server, server.prettypollution.local, and the IP address (all of these I can ping or resolve).
I tried putting in something that was I know is incorrect and got a different error message saying that it couldn't be found in DNS.

SERVER DETAILS:
Windows 2003 server, exchange 2003 server, both are on the same server. The server is also a Global Cataloque server.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
I can access via OWA
I can use network utility to resolve and ping both (server) and (server.prettypollution.local). DNS seems to be fine. I have removed the servers A record and reregistered it into DNS. I have tried clearing DNS cache, restarted DNS and the server/computers

I have an HP 24 port switch. The computers and server are plugged directly into it. There is no software firewall on the computers/server.

USING TERMINAL I CAN TELNET TO THE EXCHANGE SERVER.... ie
telnet server 25

This connects me to exchange and I get the standard exchange banner - 220 ESMTP Mail server etc

I hope someone is able to help or provide some further tools I could use to troubleshoot a MAC connection to Exchange. I have limitted experience troubleshooting mac issues.

S

Shane

Hi,

I am having identical issues as of this week (Mon 14th - Fri 18th April).
The only thing that I have been informed of that has changed is a Security
Patch was applied during the week. They state it was an "in-place" patch (ie
didn't require a restart) but the issue only started AFTER they restarted on
Thursday night.

Can you check and see if a similar thing happened with your Exchange server?
It may be a bug in a MS security patch.

Regards,
Shane.

Ask a Question