'Not enough memory' for excel mac2008

E

estheresther

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

I have the newest macbook pro(OS X 10.5.7) and updated Excel for mac 2008 (12.2.0). My macbook is 4 months new and has more than 200G left on hard drive.

It suddenly started on one of the excel file when I tried to save data, it says: 'not enough memory'. After that whenever I open it, it is very slow and returns 'not enough memory'. Too slow to read, and cannot save any data. It is not a big file, just around 100 lines. Let's call it 'bad guy' for now.

This excel file was created on a PC with Office2003 with .xls. I tried to convert it to .xlsx file, but it didn't help.

My other office softwares (Word, PowerPoint) are working fine. And other Excel files are fine only if opened before that 'bad guy'.

I tried to move all the contents of the 'bad guy' to another new Excel file. But the new Excel file will get the same msg 'not enough memory' even for one cell copy/paste.

Please help me to fix this excel file. Thank you.

Ask a Question