Not printing graphics and text box colours or borders

S

SimonG

I am using 2008 on a MacPro and when I try to print anything other regular text I get a blank. For example, I have put text boxes into the document and inserted a picture. Another text box inside the first one holds the text. This has a blue background and border but the colour and the picture fails to print. Another example I have three column table with arrows drawn from the left had column to the right hand one. The arrows do not print.

In print preview the graphics are missing and the page is blank at that point. I am trying to print on an HP Laserjet 2605dn or Canon I4000 and using 10.5.1.

Thank you very much for any help! I need to get this document printed by Wednesday for an MSc course I am doing.

D

Daiya Mitchell

Make sure that in Word | Preferences | Print---Include: "Drawing
Objects" is checked.

S

SimonG

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I've done that and it did not work. I've restarted Word and opened the document again (docx file) and still no good no pics or other drawing objects printed.

Any other ideas please?!

D

Daiya Mitchell

Hmmm....try printing to PDF--there are two methods--File | Save As |
Format and File | Print | PDF. Does either work?

But blank in Print Preview suggests this *is* a Word problem, rather
than a printer driver issue (which is more common).

I guess try the Corrupt Document fixes?
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/DocumentCorruption.html

E

Eddie Prior

If you are really desperate - try printing to pdf.
make sure that looks ok, and then print it.

K

Karen Matthews

I have the same problem - even a simple line drawn in a header fails to appear on the printer (no problem on previous version!) and background colours vanish.

I have tried preview, no good. Pdf - no good. Pdf has no lines and no colours, so nothing to do with the printer. All on the word doc ok, but there it ends.

One trick for the absolutely desperate - Shift/Command + 4 and drag cursor over the page. That will copy it as a picture and immediately put it on your desktop You can then resave that as a pdf file. Quality is lost however.

HELP!!!! This is so unbelievably basic - to print a doc with drawn lines or inserted objects that I don't understand why these sites aren't teeming with disgruntled punters! I'm tearing my hair out too! Anyone????

C

CyberTaz

Hi Karen -

"Not teeming" because it isn't as widespread as you may think:) Obviously
it's affecting 100% of *you* but globally it's an isolated issue. Only
certain Macs running particular combinations of Leopard/Office 2008/Printer
are seeing this and it's currently being addressed by Apple, MS & the
printer mfrs involved. When it will be *fixed* we don't know. Meanwhile:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/Word2008Issues.html

Wish I could offer more, but that's about all we know.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question