Not receiving emails in Entourage after setting it up

C

Cynjere

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have done everything according to set up, changing identities, checking and rechecking everything in account set up according to my isp, created new account user multiple times, etc and I still can't get email from yahoo. I have been working on this all day and I am ready to give up..

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

C

Cynjere

No, I have the free version. My ISP is Cox, so where stated, I entered the info from the server as supplied multiple times, still, no incoming mail. I really appreciate the help!

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

On 5/29/10 9:08 PM, in article [email protected], "[email protected]" wrote:

No, I have the free version.  My ISP is Cox, so where stated, I entered the info from the server as supplied multiple times, still, no incoming mail.  I really appreciate the help!

I’m confused. If you only have a free Yahoo account you cannot download using an email client. Are you saying now you can’t do Cox mail?
--
Diane

C

Cynjere

I have an email client through Cox that I just set up, but for information from Cox for account settings they said I had to use to set up Entourage mail. I have used yahoo mail for many years and when I got my new Mac computer, I wanted to try Entourage. A microsoft tech support person helped me through making a new identity, and it didn't work. He stated that yahoo is probably blocking my receiving emails through Entourage in an attempt to make me buy or pay a fee for email.

D

Diane_Ross_MVP

I have an email client through Cox that I just set up, but for information
from Cox for account settings they said I had to use to set up Entourage mail.
I have used yahoo mail for many years and when I got my new Mac computer, I
wanted to try Entourage. A microsoft tech support person helped me through
making a new identity, and it didn't work. He stated that yahoo is probably
blocking my receiving emails through Entourage in an attempt to make me buy or
pay a fee for email.

I don't know how to say it any clearer. You indicated you had a free Yahoo
account. Yahoo does not allow free accounts to be download via any email
client. You will need to upgrade to a paid Yahoo account if you want to
download your emails.

Ask a Question