Notebook Layout - Promoting Using Backspace

M

mixbabe13

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I usually use the notebook layout view, and when doing bullets if I want to promote it I used to be able to use the backspace button and it would go back to the bullet that was ahead of mine. Now when I do that it works more like the normal layout and I cannot get to the previous bullets. Is there a way to change this?

C

CyberTaz

Use Shift+Tab to promote to the previous level.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

M

mixbabe13

That does work, as well as control,shift, left arrow button. But (1) I'm so used to hitting the backspace, that if possible I would like to change my settings to get that back, and (2) it used to be when I hit the backspace, it wouldn't automatically promote it, but it would get rid of the bullet, then the second time I clicked the backspace it would promote it. I like that because sometimes I want text without the bullet, and it was an easier way to do that instead of going in and constantly clicking that I don't want a bullet in my toolbox. Shift, tab and control, shift, left arrow don't delete the bullet first, they just promote it automatically.

Sorry if this sounds like jibberish, I can't think of how to explain it any other way.

C

CyberTaz

My understanding was that you did want to retain the Bulleting but promote
to the previous level. What I see here is that backspace (delete) operates
exactly as you describe - the first press removes the bullet formatting, the
second press promotes.

The Shift-Tab stroke has the additional advantage of being usable anywhere
on the line, whereas delete removes content if you aren't at the very
beginning of the text.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

D

David Booth

Were you ever able to find a way to have the notebook layout have delete promote a bullet instead of delete the line? I just started having that problem and I am trying to put it back to how it was.
Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

I usually use the notebook layout view, and when doing bullets if I want to promote it I used to be able to use the backspace button and it would go back to the bullet that was ahead of mine. Now when I do that it works more like the normal layout and I cannot get to the previous bullets. Is there a way to change this?
On Monday, March 29, 2010 12:19 PM CyberTaz wrote:
Use Shift+Tab to promote to the previous level.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

On 3/29/10 10:12 AM, in article (e-mail address removed)2ac0,

Ask a Question