Office 2007 lost connection to Msi file. Need MS Team direct help!

E

EagleOne

Recently, my system has lost connection to the .MSI installation files for Office 2007.

I do have the "Windows MSI Install Cleanup Utility." The Msi files for Office 2007 are listed
in the display window of that utility. That said, if I double-click those same files in Control
Panel > Add/Remove programs, I get a prompt that (essentially) the program is not installed.

Either my MSI files are gone or the registry is corrupted or both. Hopefully that is not true????

If I must reinstall Office 2007, that is fine, EXCEPT that I do not have access to the Install
Disk for Office 2007. (see below) I know this sounds like I'm a S/W pirate but I'm not.

My first indication was during a for-the-hell-of-it "repair" attempt of Office 2007. The MS site
repair attempt, requested that I insert the install disk. My "install disk" was one supplied by the
MS Office 2007 kick-off team at a meeting in December 2007. My point, I do not have a real install
disk and the web-site available in 2007 at Microsoft is now closed.

How can I fix these MSI issues? (AND/or how can I fix Office 2007? I need help from someone who
understands my challenge from Microsoft itself.) I can be contacted at
(e-mail address removed)

Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated!

EagleOne

D

DL

This is a user group, not one that has direct input from MS.

I cannot answer your problem, but I do recollect the site for the
uninstaller utility does say do not use for Office 2007

Ask a Question