Office 2008 finds update is needed, but won't update...

J

JCubed123

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

When I check for updates, Office 2008 recognizes that I need an update (12.0.1). It downloads and when the software tries to search for a drive that needs the update, it can't . I get this message next to a STOP sign with exclamation point...

You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.

This doesn't make sense to me.

Here is what I have done so far...

Had Office 2004.

Installed Office 2008 Student Edition, but did not delete 2004 because I wanted to use Entourage with Exchange server Ability.

I got Office 2008 for Mac Standard edition so I installed it....removed Office 2004.

I can use Office 2008 just fine, but the updates don't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this
volume. A version of the software required to install this update was
not found on this volume.

I've unfortunately seen that before.
The only workaround I know is to use the uninstaller to uninstall
Office, reinstall it and try again,

Corentin

J

Jinsoo

OK, so I called tech support and they had me uninstall Office entirely, delete old registries, and re-install office. That solved my problem.

Thanks!

D

David Shellenberger

OK, so I called tech support and they had me uninstall Office entirely, delete old registries, and re-install office. That solved my problem.

I too have been unable to install the March update to Office 2008. I think that Tech Support's solution you cite is too much work, and that Microsoft should fix the problem through making the update possible.

Ask a Question