Office XP and Clip Art

Reaction score
I have a problem with Office XP SP3. I am running Windows XP SP3 and of course Office XP SP3. The original problem is when you search for a Clip Art image and you scroll down to find an image, Word will spit out an error message:"Word has encountered a problem and needs to close". There is a setting somewhere that is being remembered. Possibly an Addin somewhere that is corrupting Word. This problem affects Powerpoint and Excel. Here is what I have done:

1. Uninstalled with Add/Remove Office XP, Media Content (Clip Art), and Publisher
2. Reinstalled Office XP
3. Uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller Office XP
4. Reinstalled Office XP

The first two, I performed under Administrator then the last two I performed under the user. Office XP is remembering a setting somewhere on the computer.

In addition to what I did previously, I tried launching Word in safe mode. After the initial Word error message, I receive this error message: "Word is recovering your documents". After that message, I get this message: "Word automatically saved changes to normal document template".

I was thinking maybe NORMAL.DOT is corrupt. So, I deleted any traces of Normal. That didn't work either. I was thinking something with the Registry is corrupt.

What am I missing?

Ask a Question