On Save and Publish errors

J

Jeff

Hi,

We have a couple of error messages that sometimes fire when we attempt to save/publish our project plans from Project Pro. We are connecting across a LAN from a trusted domain to Project Server and the SQL DB (which are both in the same domain but on different boxes). Basically we get the first message -

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'MSP_RESOURCES' with unique index '1_MSP_RESOURCES'.

then a little while later we get

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Communication link failure

My research suggests that this maybe down to the resources, is it worth exporting all my resources to an .mpp file, then deleting all the resources in Enterprise resource pool and then re-import from the .mpp. This maybe drastic but I would rather do it now than in a few weeks when our system is fully up and running. Are there any issues with doing this?

Does anyone think this might resolve my issues or is down to something like network connectivity? Are the two errors likely to be related?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated

Alex

Ask a Question