One Note not syncing notes imported from Evernote

rmc

Reaction score
I'm helping someone migrate from Evernote to One Note. I exported all their Evernotes as one .ENEX format file (430 notes, 83MB if relevant) and used a freeware utility to import them into One Note desktop, freshly down loaded from MS App Store onto a Win 11 laptop. One Note's own import tool kept failing with an error, but the utility worked. One Note desktop now has a folder/notebook named 'Evernote' with the 430 notes inside it, all looking fine, alongside a second notebook with the default user's name, which is empty.

Loading One Note on an android phone, with the same outlook account, the default user's notebook is there, but not the Evernote imported notes. I've tried syncing individual the notebooks on the desktop App, as well as Sync All, which completes OK. But the Evernote book of imported notes just won't appear on the android phone. This has remained despite restarting and over night wait. I tried creating a single dummy note on the phone in the default notebook in case that woke it up, but no luck.

How can I get the imported folder on the desktop app to appear on the phone app too?

rmc

Reaction score
To answer my own question as no one else did, moving the contents of the imported notebook/folder into a freshly created one, made on the desktop app, worked fine and now syncs to the phone. Something about the original notebook import folder, auto-created by the freeware, must have been not quite to One Note's liking and so would not sync. So it was the the notebook/folder at fault and not its contents.