Ordinal superscripts

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It certainly existed at least as early as Word 2000 and was accessed via:
Tools | AutoCorrect | AutoFormat As You Type: "Ordinals (1st) with superscript."

Reaction score
It certainly existed at least as early as Word 2000 and was accessed via:
Tools | AutoCorrect | AutoFormat As You Type: "Ordinals (1st) with superscript."
Would you need to set autoformat just once? I guess probably. I'm in my 80s and hardly know what I'm talking about. My interest in the matter is that a trustee has suddenly produced a document adverse to my interests, dated 2001, dated with use of ordinal superscripts. I was hoping to show it was inauthentic if their use required special skills.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
By default, the ordinal superscripting autoformat was 'on'. In any event, I can't see how manually applying the superscripts would evidence inauthenticity - it could have been done in 2001.

Reaction score
Dang it! It would have been so simple a proof of tampering! Are there Word detectives who could help determine if the font below their signatures is the same as the font of the text (giving them trusteeships). It looks smaller to me, and a little more muddy.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Those are questions we can't help you with here; you should engage someone with the appropriate forensic qualifications if you want to go down that path...
Presumably you're just looking at a printed document or a scan of one, so how do you know Word was involved in its creation? As for differences in fonts & point sizes, of itself that proves nothing other than that they're different.

Ask a Question